Formerly the St. Joseph’s Care Foundation and founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph more than 30 years ago, Your Family Health Team Foundation has changed its name but our mission is the same: support patients in the community who rely on expert, compassionate care by raising funds for specialized programs, research, capital equipment, training and continuing medical education for health care providers.
More than $500,000 has been raised since our partnership with Peterborough Family Health Team began in 2009 to support programs including:
- Youth Sports Concussion Program
- INR Clinics (Stroke Prevention)
- Cardiovascular Health & Wellness
- Mindfulness for Mental Health
- Diabetes Prevention
- Senior Care
- FHT to Quit Smoking Cessation Program
- Patient Transportation Fund – Ensuring patients suffering from anxiety & depression have transport to and from every appointment
- Grand Rounds – Weekly medical education sessions for local healthcare providers from September to May
The Foundation has also granted just over $330,000 in capital equipment across the 35 locations of Peterborough Family Health Team:
- 56 Blood Pressure Monitors – Ensuring the most accurate blood pressure readings
- 24 Vaccination Refrigerators – For on-site storage ability
- 20 Transport Chairs – Supporting patients with mobility issues
- 100 Hearing Amplifying Headsets – For residents in long-term care
- 18 Power Exam Tables – Ensuring accessibility and quality of patient care
- 17 AEDS (Defibrillators) – For emergency medical intervention in case of sudden cardiac event
- Bilichek System – To detect neonatal jaundice at the Partners in Pregnancy Clinic
- Handheld Ultrasound – To offer service on-site at the Partners in Pregnancy Clinic without additional appointment and referrals to hospital
- Updated equipment for Ontario Telemedicine Network – Enabling patients to see clinicians via satellite that saves on patient travel time and costs
We support Peterborough Family Health Team physicians & their respective allied healthcare professionals at the following clinic locations:
Stay connected with us!
We’re out in the community every day and we’d love to share with you what areas of health care we are working hard to support.
- Forward your preferred email address to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and receive our eNewsletters
- Read our 2017 Annual Report here
To request a copy of the March 31, 2017 year-end financial statements, please call our Foundation office at (705) 740-8074 or email email@example.com
Feel free to stop in! We’re located at 185 King Street (Jackson Square), 5th Floor, Peterborough, K9J 2R8.